2 Midstream/LNG, 2 O&G Technology Companies Make the Cut
Corporate Responsibility Magazine released its newest company rankings, entitled “100 Best Corporate Citizens 2015.”
The top ten companies for 2015 were mostly mega-sized household names; only one in the top ten (Ecolab) had an oil and gas tie:
- Microsoft Corp. (ticker: MSFT) – software
- Hasbro, Inc. (ticker: HAS) – toys, games
- Johnson & Johnson (ticker: JNJ) – personal care
- Xerox Corp. (ticker: XRX) – business hardware
- Sigma-Aldrich Corp. (ticker: SIAL) – life sciences, biology, chemistry
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (ticker: BMY) – biopharmaceuticals
- Intel Corp. (ticker: INTC) – silicon/IT
- Campbell Soup Co. (ticker: CPB) – food
- Ecolab, Inc. (ticker: ECL) – water/hygiene, energy technologies
- Lockheed Martin Corp. (ticker: LMT) – aerospace, defense, emerging technologies
Other than Ecolab’s drilling and completion, stimulation, midstream and production product units, the oil and gas sector was out of the top 50, with the exception of GE (ticker: GE) which took the No. 49 spot. GE doubled its oil and gas segment revenues to $18 billion between 2010 and 2014, with technology, R&D and equipment sales for drilling, LNG, subsea, offshore, midstream and refining.
Oil & Gas companies ranked in the list were:
52. Spectra Energy Corp. (ticker: SE) – midstream
53. Hess Corp. (ticker: HES) – global E&P
70. Occidental Petroleum (ticker: OXY) – global E&P, midstream
72. Chevron Corp. (ticker: CVX) – integrated major
73. ConocoPhillips (ticker: COP) – world’s largest independent E&P
92. Exxon Mobil Corp. (ticker: XOM) – integrated major
One other company with midstream (Rockies Express Pipeline) and LNG (Cameron, Port Arthur) operations made the list: Sempra Energy (ticker: SRE) took the No. 78 spot.
To create its annual ranking, Corporate Responsibility Magazine ranks companies from the Russell 1000 Index on a number of factors including environment, climate change, human rights, employee relations, corporate governance, philanthropy and financial.
Important disclosures: The information provided herein is believed to be reliable; however, EnerCom, Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to its completeness or accuracy. EnerCom’s conclusions are based upon information gathered from sources deemed to be reliable. This note is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or financial instrument of any company mentioned in this note. This note was prepared for general circulation and does not provide investment recommendations specific to individual investors. All readers of the note must make their own investment decisions based upon their specific investment objectives and financial situation utilizing their own financial advisors as they deem necessary. Investors should consider a company’s entire financial and operational structure in making any investment decisions. Past performance of any company discussed in this note should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future results. EnerCom is a multi-disciplined management consulting services firm that regularly intends to seek business, or currently may be undertaking business, with companies covered on Oil & Gas 360®, and thereby seeks to receive compensation from these companies for its services. In addition, EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of these companies. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this note. The company or companies covered in this note did not review the note prior to publication. EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of the companies covered in this report or on Oil & Gas 360®. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s reports or Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this report.