AKRON, Ohio, Sept. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- A. Schulman Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: SHLM), a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds, powders, composites and resins, will present its broad range of products at the Fakuma Plastics Processing Exhibition on October 13-17, 2015 in Friedrichshafen, Germany. Under the booth theme of "Our Definition of Success is Helping You Achieve Yours" A. Schulman will be located in Hall B1 – Stand 1112.
A. Schulman will showcase its enhanced product portfolio as a result of the Company's recent acquisition of Citadel Plastics, a leading global manufacturer of high-quality thermoset engineering composites. In Europe, Citadel Plastics is more commonly known by the name of tetra-DUR.
This new and additional technology portfolio offers a unique and perfect complementary expansion to the existing value-add engineering solution for our joint customer base.
"We are thrilled to attend the Fakuma exhibition for the first time with tetra-DUR and to present our new portfolio enriched with tetra-DUR's industry-leading, value-added specialty engineered composites," said Heinrich Lingnau, Senior Vice-President and General Manager, Europe, Middle East and Africa, A. Schulman. "Our wide range of materials together with our market expertise enables us to deliver customized solutions and improve our customers' performance for their sustainable growth."
"Citadel offers technologies for a wide range of Thermoset applications, including Bulk Molding Compounds (BMC), Sheet Molding Compounds, High Performance Carbon, and Pultrusion for multiple end use markets with a focus area of BMC in Europe," commented Christian Oberleitner, A. Schulman's Managing Director, EC - Europe.
A. Schulman's material news on display at Fakuma 2015 address a wide variety of markets and applications such as:
- Flame-retardant Schulamid® 6 and 66 compounds in compliance with the European fire safety standard EN 45545
- Rotational molding powders for compressed natural gas cylinders
Building & Construction:
- Optimized coating grades for fence applications
Electrical & Electronics:
- Chlorine-free, low outgassing Ecotran® PPS high-performance compounds
- Hydrolysis resistant PBT Schuladur® A GF30 HR2 for highly demanding application conditions
- New transparent copolyester blend Schulablend® M/MC 3401 SF with superior flowability for thin-wall applications with high toughness and chemical resistance
- Biodegradable, OK Compost certified, black masterbatch for mulch films
- Multi-layer film masterbatch and raw materials for a wide variety of packaging applications
- Topas® ultra-pure, crystal-clear cyclic olefin copolymers (COC) for high temperature resistance for hot packed goods and medicine packaging with pharmaceutical approvals
- Queo™ high-performance plastomer enhancing the properties and characteristics of polyolefins
- Vistamaxx™ performance polymers from ExxonMobil Chemical allowing increased amount of mineral-filled products in polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) formulations
About A. Schulman, Inc.
A. Schulman, Inc. is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Since 1928, the Company has been providing innovative solutions to meet its customers' demanding requirements. The Company's customers span a wide range of markets such as packaging, mobility, building & construction, electronics & electrical, agriculture, personal care & hygiene, sports, leisure & home, custom services and others. The Company employs approximately 5,000 people and has 60 manufacturing facilities globally. A. Schulman reported net sales of approximately $2.5 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2014. Additional information about A. Schulman can be found at www.aschulman.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a-schulman-to-present-its-joint-portfolio-with-its-latest-acquisition-citadel-plastics-at-fakuma-2015-300142585.html
SOURCE A. Schulman, Inc.