Production from Andes Energia’s Las Varillas x-l reached over 100 BOPD with artificial lift system
Andes Energia plc (ticker: AEN) announced the results of its multi-stage fracture and production test on the Las Varillas x-1 well, which was drilled on the El Manzano West block in the Neuquen basin, Mendoza Province, Argentina, according to the company’s release.
The well was drilled in 2014 to a total depth of 7,851 feet and encountered 410 feet of gross pay in the unconventional Vaca Muerta formation. The well was stimulated with a three stage vertical hydraulic fracture and tested in early 2015. During the initial 48 hour testing period, the well produced an average rate of 90 BOPD with a five-inch casing on managed choke sizes (4-16mm). Following the installation of an artificial lift system, the well flowed at a rate of 108 BOPD. The well is still producing while a series of mechanical works are being carried out in order to increase productivity.
Nicolas Mallo Huergo, Chairman of Andes Energia, said the company was pleased with the results from the well, and “We believe the future for the development of our acreage in Vaca Muerta is extremely positive.”
Las Varillas x-1 is the fourth successful discovery for Andes targeting shale in Vaca Muerta. The well was drilled, fraced and tested in a joint venture with YPF (ticker: YPF), who operates the project with a 60% interest in the formation. Andes Energia holds the other 40% interest.
Important disclosures: The information provided herein is believed to be reliable; however, EnerCom, Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to its completeness or accuracy. EnerCom’s conclusions are based upon information gathered from sources deemed to be reliable. This note is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or financial instrument of any company mentioned in this note. This note was prepared for general circulation and does not provide investment recommendations specific to individual investors. All readers of the note must make their own investment decisions based upon their specific investment objectives and financial situation utilizing their own financial advisors as they deem necessary. Investors should consider a company’s entire financial and operational structure in making any investment decisions. Past performance of any company discussed in this note should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future results. EnerCom is a multi-disciplined management consulting services firm that regularly intends to seek business, or currently may be undertaking business, with companies covered on Oil & Gas 360®, and thereby seeks to receive compensation from these companies for its services. In addition, EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of these companies. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this note. The company or companies covered in this note did not review the note prior to publication.