DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Oct 21, 2015) - Parks Associates today announced the advisory board for the Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer, to be held February 22-24, 2016, in Austin. The firm recently announced new research showing nearly 20% of U.S. broadband households own a smart home device and 5% of households own a security system with home control products, and both consumer segments are key early targets for energy management and monitoring services.
The following advisory board members will help shape the event agenda and topics in presenting strategies to engage consumers in energy solutions:
- Alarm.com - Roy Perry, Vice President, Ecosystem Alliances
- AT&T - Kevin Peterson, Senior Vice President, AT&T Digital Life Services
- Austin Energy - Deborah Kimberly, VP, Customer Energy Solutions
- Comcast - Dan Herscovici, SVP and General Manager, Xfinity Home
- EnergyHub - Seth Frader-Thompson, President
- Florida Power & Light (FPL) - Patrick Agnew, In-Home Technology Program Manager
- GE, Digital Energy - Robby Simpson, PhD, System Architect
- Gridwise Architecture Council - Ken Wacks, Member; Consultant, Home, Building & Utility Systems
- Honeywell - Ann Perreault, Marketing Director, Honeywell Building Solutions | Smart Grid Solutions
- Icontrol Networks - Letha McLaren, CMO
- Landis+Gyr - Clark Pierce, VP and GM of Load Management Solutions
- LG Electronics - Steve Oh, PhD, Senior Vice President, HEMS Task, Energy Business Center
- Nest Labs - Ben Bixby, Director of Energy Products
- NRG/Reliant - Scott Burns, Director of Innovation
- Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative (SGCC) - Patty Durand, Executive Director
- TXU Energy - Samudra Sen, Vice President - TXU Solutions
"Manufacturers are adding connectivity to differentiate the capabilities, features, and benefits of smart home products," said Tom Kerber, Director, Home Systems Research, Parks Associates. "The Smart Energy Summit brings together key leaders from utilities, retail energy providers, distributed generation and storage, and the smart home industry to discuss partnership opportunities, innovations in energy management, novel utility programs, and new business models that create value for the consumer."
Parks Associates' Energy Management Bundles shows energy monitoring services are more appealing among owners of smart home products than among non-owners. Over 70% of smart product owners are willing to pay $2.99 per month to receive energy monitoring services. Consumers under the age of 35 who own their home are the leading segment for smart product ownership.
At the annual Smart Energy Summit, Parks Associates analysts, media, and industry leaders evaluate new partnerships, strategies for consumer engagement, and deployment plans for energy and management solutions in the connected home. The agenda features speakers representing utilities, telecom and security companies, retailers, and OEMs presenting on the state of the market and emerging consumer and business opportunities.
Early sponsors for Smart Energy Summit include Tendril, Affinegy, ecobee, and WeatherBug Home. Event supporters include Antenna Systems & Technology, FierceEnergy, HomePlug Alliance, IoT Today, KNX Today, OpenADR Alliance, Remote Site & Equipment Management magazine, SmartGridNews, and WSN Buzz.
More information about the Smart Energy Summit is available at www.SES2016.com. To speak with Tom Kerber or request specific research data, contact Holly Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-987-6614.
About Smart Energy Summit
Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer examines the expanding market for the smart home and the role of energy solutions within the Internet of Things, including connected devices, energy management, utility services, and home control platforms and services.
Smart Energy Summit addresses strategies for utilities, service providers, retailers, and manufacturers to expand and monetize their energy offerings by engaging consumers, developing new business models, and creating unique partnerships.
The summit agenda features thought leaders representing utilities, state and national regulators, telecom and security companies, retailers, and OEMs presenting on the state of the market and the emerging consumer and business opportunities.
The seventh-annual Smart Energy Summit will take place February 22-24, 2016, at the Omni Hotel in Austin, Texas. Follow the event on Twitter at @SmartEnergySmt and on the Smart Energy Insights Blog. For information on speaking, sponsoring, or attending Smart Energy Summit, visit www.ses2016.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2907267