Ken Huseman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Basic Energy Services (BAS) presented today at EnerCom’s The Oil & Gas Conference® 17. From over 100 service points in 13 states, Basic Energy Services provides a comprehensive range of well site services that are fundamental to establishing and maintaining the flow of oil and gas throughout the entire lifecycle of a well.
During the company’s breakout session, management was asked the following questions:
- On the frac side, what do you find to be your greatest challenges, e.g. uncontrollable costs? Is logistics an issue?
- Do you think the influx of equipment into the Permian is starting to taper off or peak?
- What kind of issues are you having in relocating your equipment and getting the crews to relocate as well?
- Did you have to offer up higher pay to get people to move?
- On the pickup in the last year of oil rigs as far as drilling horizontally, does that amount of activity in the past year lead to more work-over services down the road in the next 3 years?
- I was concerned with your opportunities with fracking, etc. on page 10 of your presentation. If you had your choice on most of those wells, what way would you go to get the maximum performance? In your opinion, what is your best performance per dollar?
- In terms of your well-servicing fleet, do you foresee any sort of horsepower range you like for horizontal?
- On a seasonally-adjusted basis, what do you see utilization at over the next few quarters for well-servicing?
- For servicing, what are your thoughts on your future acquisitions?
- For the regions of your current plays, what do you see for future expansion or abandonment of operations?
- Could you talk about activity in the Mississippian Lime?
- Can you talk about any sort of price concessions that you are getting from your suppliers?
- Do you think with activity flattening out here, do you see any cutting of labor or wages?
- Have you been testing or using bio-fuel engine technology?
- Can you tell me how you define “truck-hours”? Do you own all the trucks that you have?
- Can you discuss a typical frac design for Permian wells?
- How do you think your well-servicing utilization compares to the industry at this time?
- Do you see demand strengthening or flattening for well-servicing? What about capacity?
- Do you have any programs in your company for employees to gain skills and move up in the company?
Click here for Basic Energy Services’ webcast.