Nearly 2,500 member cooperative- and farmer-owners of CHS Inc. (NASDAQ: CHSCP), the nation's leading co-op and a global energy, grains and foods company will gather in Minneapolis Dec. 3-4 to hear how the company they own demonstrated its commitment to them in 2015. The 2015 CHS Annual Meeting — with the theme "Commitment"— features reports from the company's board and management on 2015 fiscal results, operational highlights and strategic direction. A member question/answer session, director elections and other business will also take place during the meeting. Former NASA astronaut Mark Kelly, commander of Space Shuttle Endeavour's final voyage, will share his commitment story at the opening session on Thursday, Dec. 3, at approximately 4:30 p.m.
Agenda Highlights: (Complete agenda at www.chsinc.com/annual-meeting)
Thursday, Dec. 3
- CHS Expo Hall is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Learning exhibits and learning centers provide a hands-on experience with many of the resources and tools that CHS offers producers, cooperatives and business operations.
- Nearly 60 breakout sessions on Dec. 3 that tap into the expertise of CHS business leaders on issues affecting attendees' farm and cooperative operations. See a complete listing at chsinc.com/annual-meeting. Highlights include:
- Managing for opportunities through all economic cycles
- Producer financing
- Hedging 101: Price risk management
- Global crop nutrients market trends
- Ardent Mills joint venture value proposition
- Precision agriculture: YieldPoint® solution for success
- Global grain markets updates
- Energy prices
- Ethanol's value proposition
- Ardent Mills Mobile Innovation Center. Visitors will learn what is next in grain innovation, try some tasty grain-based samples and obtain new information about whole grain products. Representatives will also explain about their North American footprint that includes more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, as well as an artisan commercial bakery.
Friday, Dec. 4
- Starting at 9:30 a.m., the general session will feature board, management and financial reports, the company's business meeting and a member question/answer session.
To attend: On-site registration in the auditorium pre-function area of the Minneapolis Convention Center.
Live webcast: Begins at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 3, and resumes at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 4, at www.chsinc.com.
Twitter hashtag: #CHSInc2015
Onsite media room: Located in the CHS Information Center, in the auditorium pre-function area of the Minneapolis Convention Center. During the annual meeting, the media room at the Convention Center can be reached at (612) 335-6657.
Online media room: Speeches, audio quotes, print-quality photographs and other information will be available at www.chsinc.com/annual-meeting under "Resources" the morning of Friday, Dec. 4.
Interviews and requests: Staff from each operating area, senior management and the Board of Directors will be available during certain times for interviews, primarily prior to and after the general sessions on Friday. To schedule an interview, please contact Steve Roalstad at (651) 355-4591 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and let him know what time would work best for you, and with whom you would like to speak. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
CHS Inc. (www.chsinc.com) is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS, a Fortune 100 company, supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with business solutions including insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
For more information, contact
/PRNewswire -- Nov. 24, 2015/
SOURCE CHS Inc.