DNV GL Launches Cross-Industry Convergence Study to Define Future of Energy Products and Services in the United States
BURLINGTON, MA--(Marketwired - Jan 12, 2016) -
- DNV GL Multi-Client Study to explore the converging market, technology and business strategies among competitive energy suppliers, utilities, distributed energy providers and cross-industry players in communications, IT and retailing who are competing to offer a range of solutions to the residential consumer
- DNV GL and J.D. Power partner to conduct unprecedented, industry-wide survey of over 40,000 U.S. consumers to assess what drives a range of energy related decisions
DNV GL, the world's largest resource of independent energy experts and certification, is launching a new multi-client cross-industry study. The initiative will develop a framework to assess the evolving strategies to serve the consumer in a landscape that is rapidly changing. The study will include up to 75 of the most influential energy and related companies deliberating the future of energy products and services.
DNV GL's "An Ocean between the Waves? Charting the Course of Convergence" study is first-of-its-kind research that aims to assess the players, initiatives and market needs around the evolving offerings for the residential consumer and the role of the smart home in the larger energy value chain.
- The study will take place over several months and include participants from new and established energy players.
- J.D. Power is conducting the consumer study which aims to engage approximately 40,000 participants.
- DNV GL is conducting a parallel market pulse survey to assess the state of the markets -- including players, products and services, investments and business model strategies.
- Together, these two streams of analysis will provide unprecedented insights to further guide the discussions around emerging business strategies.
- The study will include case studies and a scenario-based framework to assess the business models emerging in this converging consumer landscape.
To further discuss the approach for the 2016 convergence multi-client study, DNV GL is hosting a complimentary webinar on Wednesday, January 20 at 2 p.m. EST. Registration for the webinar is required. Register here to learn more.
"A sea change is underway that is affecting the way every company, business model, or enterprise operates with an interest in providing residential customers with products and services," said DNV GL Retail Energy Markets (REM) Head of Section Soner Kanlier. "As energy markets continue to evolve at an accelerated pace, with both new and established players seeking to redefine the future successful business models, it is increasingly important for all stakeholders to understand the emerging market dynamics. With this study, we will assess the business models, the technologies, and the pricing strategies that are likely to create the most value for consumers. DNV GL, its partners, and study members will provide insights to inform smart investments and strategies that will shape the industry for years to come."
J.D. Power specializes in integrating the voice of the consumer to create solutions that drive a better customer experience and better business results. "The consumer is now in charge, and solution providers need to understand what is resonating with consumers and why," said Jeff Conklin, vice president of J.D. Power's Utility and Infrastructure practice and Technology, Media and Telecommunications practice. "Integrating consumer insights with this converged community of providers will provide a vital framework to develop consumer market strategies and drive business results."
Over the coming year, DNV GL's Retail Energy Markets practice will debut a number of new initiatives that include the multi-client study, webinars and workshops, a new client benchmarking portal, cross-market analytics, syndicated reports and a presentation of the study's findings at DNV GL's annual Retail Energy Executive Forum. For more information about the 2016 convergence multi-client study, visit www.dnvgl.com/Convergence.
Driven by its purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. DNV GL provides classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. It also provides certification services to customers across a wide range of industries. DNV GL, whose origins go back to 1864, operates globally in more than 100 countries with its 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping their customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
In the Energy industry
In DNV GL we unite the strengths of DNV, KEMA, Garrad Hassan, and GL Renewables Certification. DNV GL's 2,500 energy experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply. We deliver world-renowned testing, certification and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our testing, certification and advisory services are delivered independent from each other. Learn more at www.dnvgl.com/energy.
When you know more, you can do more. Our peerless consumer intelligence drives and defines brand strategies worldwide. With every client, we look to enable and enhance customer loyalty, retention, and expansion -- while helping every customer buy smarter. Learn more at www.jdpower.com.
(January 12, 2016 - 10:55 AM EST)
News by QuoteMedia