Gary Hanna, Chief Executive Officer and T.J. Thom, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of Energy Partners Limited (EPL) presented today at EnerCom’s The Oil & Gas Conference® 17. Energy Partners Limited is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in New Orleans, Louisiana and Houston, Texas. Current operations are concentrated in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico shelf focusing on state and federal waters offshore Louisiana. Energy Partners Limited’s focus is on acquiring and developing assets in this region, as it is characterized by established exploitation, development and exploration opportunities in both productive horizons and deeper geologic formations.
During the company’s breakout session, management was asked the following questions:
- Any chance we’ll see anything onshore from you in the future?
- How would you describe the Gulf now in comparison to a year ago?
- Will the focus still be on oil, or will you look at gas properties as well?
- How competitive is the market now as compared to early 2011?
- Do you see a change in the competitiveness given that you have two or three new competitors that have replaced Dynamic?
- Do you think the quality of assets in 2013 and 2014 will be higher?
- Do you see a change in your strategy now as a result of recent regional studies?
- Can you talk a little bit about pricing and hedging beyond 2012?
- Can you comment about your organic growth strategy and how you shifted a lot of capital expenditures over to the exploration side of things?
- Can you talk a little bit about the newly acquired leases in terms of how much you’re planning to spend and what you’re hoping to find?
- Have you looked much into horizontal drilling on the shelf as your peers have?
- Any thoughts about stock buybacks?
Click here for the Energy Partners Ltd. webcast.