Bob Geddes, president and COO of Ensign Energy Services Inc. (TSX: ESI), presented today at EnerCom’s The Oil & Gas Conference 20®.
Ensign Energy Services is a global leader in oilfield services, headquartered out of Calgary, Alberta , operating in Canada , the United States and internationally. The company was the first to drill a horizontal well in Canada and has been in business since 1987.
The company reported $333.8 million in revenue in its Q2’15 results, with Canada and the United States accounting for 56% of total revenue. Adjusted EBITDA was $69.5 million and the company is currently in the process of constructing four automated drilling rigs for its fleet.
During the company’s breakout session, management was asked the following questions:
- What are the different reactions you are seeing around the world towards different contract lengths?
- What are your thoughts on the M&A environment?
- How much additional cost can be driven out of the system on the call side?
- With your new ADR rigs driving new technologies, do you see mechanical rigs becoming obsolete?
- What does this new technology do for safety on the rigs?
- What are you seeing in terms of supply/demand in the Lower 48?
- Do you envision another leg down in the U.S. rig count?
- Are there any plans to increase exposure in Saudi Arabia?
- How do newbuild costs compare to this time last year?
- How long were the contracts you announced recently in the Permian?
- Why are there so few rigs in the Bakken?
- How many rigs in your existing fleet should we think about as on-spec with newbuilds?
Click here for the webcast.
Important disclosures: The information provided herein is believed to be reliable; however, EnerCom, Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to its completeness or accuracy. EnerCom’s conclusions are based upon information gathered from sources deemed to be reliable. This note is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or financial instrument of any company mentioned in this note. This note was prepared for general circulation and does not provide investment recommendations specific to individual investors. All readers of the note must make their own investment decisions based upon their specific investment objectives and financial situation utilizing their own financial advisors as they deem necessary. Investors should consider a company’s entire financial and operational structure in making any investment decisions. Past performance of any company discussed in this note should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future results. EnerCom is a multi-disciplined management consulting services firm that regularly intends to seek business, or currently may be undertaking business, with companies covered on Oil & Gas 360®, and thereby seeks to receive compensation from these companies for its services. In addition, EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of these companies. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this note. EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of the companies covered in this report or on Oil & Gas 360®. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s reports or Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this report.