PASADENA, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 29, 2015) - For the second year in a row the Game Day Chef Challenge Grand Finale will be returning to Pasadena and the Rose Bowl Stadium. The contest, sponsored by Chevron, is a fun and innovative cooking competition in which football fans, foodies, and chefs vie for a $25,000 Grand Prize and bragging rights for the best game-day recipe.
The unique hook is that each contestant's dish must include at least one food or beverage item purchased from a Chevron or Texaco station.
Chevron hosted six regional cooking competitions across the country this football season to determine the six Grand Finale Finalists. One winner from each region has advanced and will face-off at the Rose Bowl Stadium on January 1, 2016, where the grand prize winner will receive $25,000 in Chevron with Techron Gift Cards and be crowned the "2015 Game Day Chef Challenge Champion."
The Regional Champions and competitors in the Grand Finale are (listed in chronological order of the regional competitions):
- Representing the Northwest, Donna Beck from Sumner, WA and her Big Dawg Bacon Wrapped Spicy BBQ & Ranch Sliders
- Representing the Southeast Region, Alex Callegari from Miami, FL with his Steak Balls of Fire with Chipotle Cheese Dip
- Representing the Texas Region, Chera Little from Austin, TX will be cooking her Chorizo and Wasabi-Lime Wontachos with Thai Slaw
- Representing the Gulf Region, David Graham from San Diego, CA preparing his CB Carne Asada Slider
- Representing the Mountain Region, Julie Hession from Las Vegas, NV with her submission Southwestern Scrimmage Burgers
- Representing the West Region, Merry Graham from Newhall, CA, serving up her Pass the Pigskin Pork Cones
"This year's Game Day Chefs have really elevated the cooking competition," said Don Walker, General Manager of Brand, Chevron. "The submissions were very creative and the Regional Winners are very talented."
Chevron and the Game Day Chef Challenge are rolling out the red carpet for the three celebrity judges who will taste and score each dish. The guest judges include:
- Amy Scattergood - Food Editor at the Los Angeles Times
- Isaiah Mustafa - Actor, best known for portraying "The Man Your Man Could Smell Like" in the Emmy Award-winning commercial from Old Spice
- Chris Soules - Iowa Farmer, best known for his appearances on ABC's The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars
Fans attending the game on January 1 are encouraged to stop by the Game Day Chef Challenge set in the Rose Bowl Fan Fest to take in the action! The Fan Fest will open at 8:00 a.m. PST and will run until 1:00 p.m. PST. The Game Day Chef Challenge Grand Finale will begin at 11:00 a.m. PST. The above dishes will be judged starting at 12:00 p.m. PST and the results will be announced shortly thereafter. The Game Day Chef Challenge will be giving away over $900.00 in Chevron gift cards to fans that are watching and answering trivia questions about the game, the teams and our esteemed judges.
For a complete listing of the game-day recipes and finalists that will be competing in the Grand Finale event, along with more information on the contest, visit TheGameDayChef.com.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
(December 29, 2015 - 11:00 AM EST)
News by QuoteMedia