PHOENIX, AZ--(Marketwired - Nov 18, 2015) - The next phase of the Game Day Chef Challenge has begun, with the selection of finalists from each of six regions, including the Mountain (Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah). The contest, sponsored by Chevron, is a fun and innovative cooking competition in which football fans, foodies, and chefs vie for a $25,000 Grand Prize and bragging rights to the best game-day recipe.
The unique hook is that each contestant's dish must include at least one food or beverage item purchased from a Chevron or Texaco station.
Six finalists from each region were selected by a panel of judges to compete in the regional cook-offs of the Game Day Chef Challenge. One winner from each region will advance to the Grand Finale hosted at the Rose Bowl Stadium on January 1, 2016, where the grand prize winner will receive $25,000 in Chevron with Techron Gift Cards and be crowned the "2015 Game Day Chef Champion."
In the Mountain Region, the following finalists will compete in a live cook-off event to be held at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ prior to kick-off of the Arizona Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Bengals football game on November 22 (listed alphabetically):
- Julie Hession from Las Vegas, NV, serving up her Southwestern Scrimmage Burgers
- Tiffany Michelle from Newhall, CA preparing her Bourbon Bacon Jalapeño Sack 'Ems
- Donna Reese from Scottsdale, AZ with Skewer This!
- Jacob Vankooten from Glendale, AZ and his Cool Ranch Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Heather Walker from Scottsdale, AZ with her submission Crunchy Caramel Stuffed Apple Skins
- Michelle Wiederhold from Phoenix, AZ cooking her Playbook Pork Meatball Sliders with Pickled Kimchi
Fans attending the game on November 22 are encouraged to stop by the Game Day Chef Challenge stage on the Great Lawn, west of the Stadium, to take in the action. Audience members will have the opportunity to win Chevron Gift Cards via Arizona Cardinals football trivia.
In addition, Chevron and the Game Day Chef Challenge are rolling out the red carpet for the three celebrity judges who will taste and score each dish:
- Lauren Saria - Food Editor at Phoenix New Times, who covers the metro Phoenix dining scene, restaurants, and chefs
- Matt Pool - Owner of Matt's Big Breakfast, popular and award winning breakfast restaurant in downtown Phoenix
- Andy Ingram - Owner and Brewer at Four Peaks Brewing Co., an award winning, and largest, brewery in Arizona
Two weeks ago, the Game Day Chef Challenge held the Gulf Regional Cook-Off in Tuscaloosa, AL at Bryant-Denny Stadium. David Graham won with his dish, CB Carne Asada Sliders. David will be competing against the five other Regional Winners on January 1, 2016 at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, CA.
For a complete listing of game-day recipes and finalists from the Gulf, Northwest, Southeast, Texas, and West regions, along with more information on the contest, visit TheGameDayChef.com.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Source: Marketwired (Canada)
(November 18, 2015 - 9:30 AM EST)
News by QuoteMedia