SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwired - Oct 16, 2015) - The next phase of the Game Day Chef Challenge has begun, with the selection of finalists from each of six regions, including the Northwest (Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming). The contest, sponsored by Chevron, is a fun and innovative cooking competition in which football fans, foodies, and chefs vie for a $25,000 Grand Prize and bragging rights to the best game-day recipe.
The unique hook is that each contestant's dish must include at least one food or beverage item purchased from a Chevron or Texaco station.
Six finalists from each region were selected by a panel of judges to compete in the regional cook-offs of the Game Day Chef Challenge. One winner from each region will advance to the Grand Finale hosted at the Rose Bowl Stadium on January 1, 2016, where the grand prize winner will receive $25,000 in Chevron with Techron Gift Cards and be crowned the "2015 Game Day Chef Champion."
In the Northwest Region, the following finalists will compete in a live cook-off event to be held at Husky Stadium in Seattle prior to kick-off of the Washington Huskies vs. Oregon Ducks football game on October 17 (listed alphabetically):
- Kim Banick from Salem, OR, serving up Brew and Bleu Tater cups with Hot Diggity Dog Wraps
- Donna Beck from Sumner, WA, preparing her Big Dawg Bacon Wrapped Spicy BBQ and Ranch Sliders
- Mark Della Paolera from Sherwood, OR, with Kalbi Kickoff Ribs
- Rachel Martinez from Eugene, OR, and her 'Heis-mmm... Trophy' Smoked Pork Tacos
- Renata Stanko from Lebanon, OR, with her submission Kickoff Buffalo Chicken Waffle Triangles
- Erin Marie Williams from Eugene, OR and their Jalapeño Game Day Wings!
Fans attending the Huskies game on October 17 are encouraged to stop by the Game Day Chef Challenge stage in the northwest plaza outside of Husky Stadium to take in the action. Audience members will have the opportunity to win Chevron Gift Cards via Washington Huskies football trivia.
In addition, Chevron and the Game Day Chef Challenge are rolling out the red carpet for the three celebrity judges who will taste and score each dish:
- Mario Bailey - Former Washington Huskies and NFL Wide Receiver
- Steve Pool - Emmy award winning principal weather anchor for KOMO-TV
- Stan Pavolovsky - President of AllRecipes.com
For a complete listing of game-day recipes and finalists from the Gulf, Mountain, Southeast, Texas, and West regions, along with more information on the contest, visit TheGameDayChef.com.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
(October 16, 2015 - 11:00 AM EDT)
News by QuoteMedia