ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwired - Oct 22, 2015) - The next phase of the Game Day Chef Challenge has begun, with the selection of finalists from each of six regions, including the Southeast (Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee). The contest, sponsored by Chevron, is a fun and innovative cooking competition in which football fans, foodies, and chefs vie for a $25,000 Grand Prize and bragging rights to the best game-day recipe.
The unique hook is that each contestant's dish must include at least one food or beverage item purchased from a Chevron or Texaco station.
Six finalists from each region were selected by a panel of judges to compete in the regional cook-offs of the Game Day Chef Challenge. One winner from each region will advance to the Grand Finale hosted at the Rose Bowl Stadium on January 1, 2016, where the grand prize winner will receive $25,000 in Chevron with Techron Gift Cards and be crowned the "2015 Game Day Chef Champion."
In the Southeast Region, the following finalists will compete in a live cook-off event to be held at Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta prior to kick-off of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Florida State Seminoles football game on October 24 (listed alphabetically):
- Linda Bonwill from Engelwood, FL, serving up Toasted Oats Crusted Spicy Cheesy Bean Spam Burger
- Alex Callegari from Miami, FL preparing his Steak Balls of Fire with Chipotle Cheese Dip
- Adam Hoge from Sarasota, FL with The All In 1
- Karen Quaretti-Lee from New Port Richey, FL and her Three Amigos Mole Flautas with Chipotle Aioli
- Jaymi Wisner from Seminole, FL with her submission Game On Grouper Cheek Baja Lemon Jalapeno Chip
- Sherri Williams from Crestview, FL cooking her TD Beefaroni Amazeballs with Spicy Red Sauce
Fans attending the game on October 24 are encouraged to stop by the Game Day Chef Challenge stage in the northwest plaza outside of Bobby Dodd Stadium to take in the action. Audience members will have the opportunity to win Chevron Gift Cards via Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets football trivia.
In addition, Chevron and the Game Day Chef Challenge are rolling out the red carpet for the three celebrity judges who will taste and score each dish:
- Ron Donley - CEO of NEA-BBQ, LLC, the franchisee of the Sonny's BBQ restaurants in the Greater Atlanta area
- Martie Duncan - Season 8 Finalist on the Food Network Star and professional party planner
- Bob Townsend - Food and Drink Columnist for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
For a complete listing of game-day recipes and finalists from the Gulf, Mountain, Northwest, Texas, and West regions, along with more information on the contest, visit TheGameDayChef.com.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
(October 22, 2015 - 12:07 PM EDT)
News by QuoteMedia