DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Oct 30, 2015) - The next phase of the Game Day Chef Challenge has begun, with the selection of finalists from each of six regions, including Texas. The contest, sponsored by Chevron, is a fun and innovative cooking competition in which football fans, foodies, and chefs vie for a $25,000 Grand Prize and bragging rights to the best game-day recipe.
The unique hook is that each contestant's dish must include at least one food or beverage item purchased from a Chevron or Texaco station.
Six finalists from each region were selected by a panel of judges to compete in the regional cook-offs of the Game Day Chef Challenge. One winner from each region will advance to the Grand Finale hosted at the Rose Bowl Stadium on January 1, 2016, where the grand prize winner will receive $25,000 in Chevron with Techron Gift Cards and be crowned the "2015 Game Day Chef Champion."
In the Texas Region, the following finalists will compete in a live cook-off event to be held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington prior to kick-off of the Dallas Cowboys vs. Seattle Seahawks football game on November 1 (listed alphabetically):
- Ismael Alonzo from Dallas, TX, serving up his Flying Pigskins
- Amy Baker from Miami, FL preparing her Texas Tasetbud Touchdown Chili Bowls
- Teresa Cardin from Stephenville, TX with Barbecue Bacon Bierrocks with Chili Mango Relish
- Celia Fuller from Celina, TX and her Orange Glazed Shrimp Avocado Taco and Candied Jalapeno
- Chera Little from Cedar Park, TX with her submission Chorizo and Wasabi-Lime Wontachos with Thai Slaw
- Lauren Wyler from Dripping Springs, TX cooking her Baja Blitz Sliders
Fans attending the game on November 1 are encouraged to stop by the Game Day Chef Challenge stage on the west side of AT&T Stadium to take in the action. Audience members will have the opportunity to win Chevron Gift Cards via Dallas Cowboys football trivia.
In addition, Chevron and the Game Day Chef Challenge are rolling out the red carpet for the three celebrity judges who will taste and score each dish:
- Jay Saldi - Former Dallas Cowboys Tight End
- Kyle Noonan - Restaurateur, Owner and Creator of The Rustic, Mutts Canine Cantina, Bowl & Barrel and FreeRange Concepts, LLC.
- John Tesar - Two-time James Beard "Best Southwest Chef" semifinalist and "Top Chef" contestant
Last week, the Game Day Chef Challenge held the Southeast Regional Cook-Off in Atlanta, GA at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Alex Callegari, a firefighter from Miami, FL, won with his dish, Steak Balls of Fire with Chipotle Cheese Dip. Alex will be competing against the five other Regional Winners on January 1, 2016 at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, CA.
For a complete listing of game-day recipes and finalists from the Gulf, Mountain, Northwest, Southeast, and West regions, along with more information on the contest, visit TheGameDayChef.com.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Source: Marketwired (Canada)
(October 30, 2015 - 8:30 AM EDT)
News by QuoteMedia