LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 24, 2015) - The next phase of the Game Day Chef Challenge has begun, with the selection of finalists from each of six regions, including the West (California). The contest, sponsored by Chevron, is a fun and innovative cooking competition in which football fans, foodies, and chefs vie for a $25,000 Grand Prize and bragging rights to the best game-day recipe.
The unique hook is that each contestant's dish must include at least one food or beverage item purchased from a Chevron or Texaco station.
Six finalists from each region were selected by a panel of judges to compete in the regional cook-offs of the Game Day Chef Challenge. One winner from each region will advance to the Grand Finale hosted at the Rose Bowl Stadium on January 1, 2016, where the grand prize winner will receive $25,000 in Chevron with Techron Gift Cards and be crowned the "2015 Game Day Chef Champion."
In the West Region, the following finalists will compete in a live cook-off event to be held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, CA prior to kick-off of the USC Trojans vs. UCLA Bruins football game on November 28 (listed alphabetically):
- Kim Beck from Modesto, CA and her Brats and Bacon Chili Super Bowl
- Michael Cohen from Los Angeles, CA with his Korean Steak Lettuce Cups
- Merry Graham from Newhall, CA cooking her Pass the Pigskin Pork Cones
- Susan Griffin from Walnut Creek, CA preparing her Tasty Bison in a Zesty Lime Batter Tortilla
- Michaela Rosenthal from Woodland Hills, CA with her submission Touchdown Ribeye Steak Sandwiches
- Jodi Taffel from Altadena, CA, serving up her Dark Chocolate and Bacon Tart with Cinnamon Buttercream
Fans attending the game on November 28 are encouraged to stop by the Game Day Chef Challenge stage in Trojan Fan Fest, east of the stadium to take in the action. Audience members will have the opportunity to win Chevron Gift Cards via USC Trojans football trivia.
In addition, Chevron and the Game Day Chef Challenge are rolling out the red carpet for the three celebrity judges who will taste and score each dish:
- Shaun Cody - Former All American Defensive Lineman at USC who played 8 seasons in the NFL
- Lajuan Ramsey - Former USC and NFL Defensive Lineman and current Executive Chef of Ramsey's PdR
- Noelle Carter - Los Angeles Times Test Kitchen Director, Food Blogger, and Features Writer
Last week, the Game Day Chef Challenge held the Mountain Regional Cook-Off in Glendale, AZ at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ. Julie Hession, from Las Vegas, NV, won with her dish, Southwestern Scrimmage Burgers. Julie will be competing against the five other Regional Winners on January 1, 2016 at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, CA.
For a complete listing of game-day recipes and finalists from the Gulf, Mountain, Northwest, Southeast, and Texas regions, along with more information on the contest, visit TheGameDayChef.com.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Source: Marketwired (Canada)
(November 24, 2015 - 11:53 AM EST)
News by QuoteMedia