DUBLIN, Dec. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3gf3q9/global_advanced) has announced the addition of the "Global Advanced Energy Storage Systems Market 2016-2020" report to their offering.
The global advanced energy storage systems market is set to grow steadily at a CAGR of close to 14% during the forecast period.
The thermal energy storage (TES) segment dominated the market in 2015 with a market share of close to 42%. It is gaining importance as it helps in mitigating the intermittent nature of solar PVs. TES systems play a crucial role in electricity storage through concentrating solar power (CSP) plants wherein solar heat can be stored and used for electricity production in the absence of sunlight.
It helps to enhance the utilization rate of power plants by 60%-75%. It also finds key application in nuclear power storage and helps meet critical peak demand by achieving higher power outputs.
According to the report, advanced energy storage systems enable frequency regulation of grids in grid-energy storage. This type of energy storage system helps power producers achieve economies of scale. Frequency regulation in ESS benefits gas-fired power generation as it enables better management of power systems.
Further, the report states that the market for advanced energy storage is growing rapidly and Li-ion batteries play a significant role in increasing the installation of these systems. However, technological concerns are hindering the market's growth.
Key questions answered in the report include:
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global advanced energy storage market?
- What are the Key Market trends?impacting the growth of the global advanced energy storage market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global advanced energy storage market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global advanced energy storage market?
The leading vendors in the market are:
- AES Energy Storage
- EnSync Energy
- LG Chem
Other prominent vendors in the market include:
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Active Power
- Beacon Power.
Key Topics Covered:
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Market research methodology
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
PART 06: Market segmentation by technology
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
PART 08: Market drivers
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
PART 13: Vendor landscape
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3gf3q9/global_advanced
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org