TOKYO, JAPAN--(Marketwired - September 14, 2015) - King & Spalding announced today that it opened its office in Tokyo after receiving the requisite approvals from the Japanese Ministry of Justice. The Tokyo office is the firm's 18thoffice overall and 10th office outside the United States. Along with the firm's Singapore office, the Tokyo office will anchor King & Spalding's energy practice throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
"The Tokyo office capitalizes on the momentum the firm has already achieved in the energy, projects, finance, construction and international arbitration arena," said Robert D. Hays, Jr., chairman of King & Spalding. "Our clients will benefit from our increased expertise and expanded presence in Asia."
As previously announced in June, John McClenahan, Mark Davies and Chris Bailey, all formerly of Ashurst, are the founding partners of King & Spalding's Tokyo office. In addition, Rupert Lewi will be joining the firm from Ashurst in October 2015. The renowned team represents major Japanese and Korean entities in the energy and resources sector, including export credit agencies and financial institutions. They have extensive experience advising and supporting clients in the resolution of disputes, with particular expertise in energy and resources, infrastructure, transport and trade, and intellectual property disputes.
The Tokyo team advises on all aspects across the life of infrastructure and energy and resources projects. With fully integrated teams, the lawyers specialize in:
- Energy and resources -- LNG (liquefaction and regasification terminals and shipping), FLNG, FSRU, FPSO, gas pipelines, petrochemicals, upstream oil and gas, power generation facilities, and mining
- Infrastructure development -- rail, road, air, and seaport terminals
- Dispute resolution - investor-state and complex commercial arbitration, strategic management of foreign national court litigation, governmental investigations, the design of corporate compliance programmes, sanctions advice, and other contentious regulatory matters
- Finance -- project finance, asset finance, ECA financing, and ship finance
- Corporate -- M&A, private investment funds, and joint ventures
The new King & Spalding office is located at Level 15, Tokyo Bankers Club Building in Japan's premier business district.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 18 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality, and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.
Source: Marketwired (Canada)
(September 14, 2015 - 8:00 PM EDT)
News by QuoteMedia