Tommy Nusz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Oasis Petroleum, Inc. (OAS) presented today at EnerCom’s The Oil & Gas Conference® 17. Oasis is a Houston-based, independent exploration and production company focused on the acquisition and development of unconventional oil and natural gas resources. We have accumulated approximately 307,000 net leasehold acres in the Williston Basin. We are currently focused on exploiting what we have identified as significant resource potential from the Bakken and Three Forks formations, which are present across a substantial majority of our acreage.
During the company’s breakout session, management was asked the following questions:
- What kind of operational cost savings are you seeing with your recently-implemented water disposal division?
- What is the rationale for and timing of, the recent debt offering? Was it due to the current low interest rate environment, or was it strategic?
- What are well costs in the Bakken?
- What is the average working interest of your Bakken acreage?
- Are you finished with your investments in OWS, or are you planning on expanding your product lines within OWS?
- Where are you at with your infill testing at Three Forks?
- Where is most of the seismic data on new wells coming from?
- How large is that seismic data?
- What if the spacing like at Three Forks?
- Have you seen an increase in acquisition activity in the basin?
- How is the transportation situation, in terms of trucking, pipelines, rails, etc.?
- Where are those 280,000 bbls that are coming from that area going?
- What is the current pipeline capacity in the basin?
- How do you select between the various transportation and marketing options?
Click here for Oasis Petroleum’s webcast.