Research and Markets: Executive Analysis of Implication of Shale Gas on the Global Rail Industry: Overview of Trends and Powertrain Technologies for Natural Gas in Locomotives
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2krqmq/executive)
has announced the addition of the "Executive
Analysis of Implication of Shale Gas on the Global Rail Industry"
report to their offering.
This market insight provides an outlook of growth opportunities in the
global rail market for natural gas in the rail industry. Secondary and
primary research was conducted, including interviews with suppliers,
regulation authorities, and distributors. The study provides key trends,
opportunities, and a forecast of rolling stock deliveries for the rail
industry. It also highlights the competitive factors and landscape in
North America, the primary region for natural gas in rail locomotives.
Key conclusions and a future outlook of the market have been provided.
The base year is 2015; the forecast period is through to 2022.
- Growth in natural gas locomotives is expected to be concentrated in
the North American market
- US domestic production of natural gas is expected to exceed imports by
- Tier-4 emission norms with 2015 deadlines require new technologies and
strategies to participate in the market. Dual Fuel Locomotives are
likely to soon to become standard
- GE, Cummins, and EMD engines are able to use natural gas through
conversion kits from companies such as Westport and GFS Corp.
- New entrants in the market such as Brookeville, MPI, and MP&ES are
competing fiercely in the low-emission locomotives market. Growth of
natural gas locomotives heavily relies on fuel costs and availability
- Investment in natural gas breaks even earlier only in scenarios where
diesel prices are high; if fuel prices are low, it starts losing its
- Other markets such as Russia and India are also experimenting with
natural gas as a primary fuel in rail locomotives. However, growth in
other regions is not expected to be comparable to that in North America.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Introduction to Shale Gas
2.1 Introduction to Shale Gas
2.2 Shale Gas Development Timeline
2.3 Hydraulic Fracturing
2.4 Global Shale Gas Resources
2.5 Shale Gas Transforms Energy Scenario of North America
3. Shale Gas and the Rail Industry
3.1 Role of Shale Gas in Rail Transport
3.2 Shale Gas and Future Implications
3.3 Projections of Fuel Prices in Transportation
4. Overview of North American Locomotive Market in Class 1 Railroads
4.1 North American Locomotive Market
4.2 Market Positioning of Low-Emission Locomotives
4.3 North American Locomotive Market
4.4 Diesel Fuel Consumption of Class 1 Freight Rail
4.5 PM and NOX Reduction
4.6 Engine Suppliers in North America
4.7 Tier-4 Engine Trends in North America
4.8 LNG Engine R&D in North America
5. Natural Gas and Rail - Global
5.1 Natural Gas in Rail in Global Markets
5.2 Local Natural Gas Availability to Reflect NG Locomotive Growth
6. The Last Word
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2krqmq/executive
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150918005498/en/
Copyright Business Wire 2015