Nicholas J. Sutton, Chief Executive Officer of Resolute Energy Corporation (NYSE: REN), presented today at EnerCom’s The Oil & Gas Conference® 20.
Resolute was founded as a private company in 2004 to acquire and operate large-scale oil and gas properties, with a particular focus on oil. Resolute’s producing assets are Aneth Field in the Paradox Basin of Utah, Hilight Field in the Powder River Basin of Wyoming, and in the Permian Basin of west Texas and New Mexico.
Starting from 2013, Resolute began to upgrade its operations in Aneth Field and Permian Basin. Owing to those upgrades, Resolute increased its production to 13,528 Boe/d, up 10% over the same quarter in 2014 and decreased the quarterly G&A 31% compared to 2014, to $3.87 per Boe.
During the company’s breakout session, management was asked the following questions:
- During your presentation session, you mentioned the debt you are carrying. What is your plan to reduce leverage? How do you manage your assets and reduce your borrowing risks?
- What is the status of your asset? Do you have more plans to upgrade your drilling rigs in the Delaware Basin?
- Could you elaborate more about your gas drilling business? Are you going to increase your production in Q3’15 and in 2016?
- You mentioned the production curve during the presentation. Do you think your production amount in the Delaware Basin is in the right place? What is your expectation?
- Most firms focus more on their Wolfcamp A bench but you focus more on the Wolfcamp B. Is there any reason for that?
- What is your outlook for the oil and gas market? What are you doing to do to react this trend?
- You did a good job to reduce your cost, but as you increase your production and open up more wells, LOE is going to increase. Do you have further ideas to cut your costs? How do you manage your service team and third parties to decrease your cost?
mportant disclosures: The information provided herein is believed to be reliable; however, EnerCom, Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to its completeness or accuracy. EnerCom’s conclusions are based upon information gathered from sources deemed to be reliable. This note is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or financial instrument of any company mentioned in this note. This note was prepared for general circulation and does not provide investment recommendations specific to individual investors. All readers of the note must make their own investment decisions based upon their specific investment objectives and financial situation utilizing their own financial advisors as they deem necessary. Investors should consider a company’s entire financial and operational structure in making any investment decisions. Past performance of any company discussed in this note should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future results. EnerCom is a multi-disciplined management consulting services firm that regularly intends to seek business, or currently may be undertaking business, with companies covered on Oil & Gas 360®, and thereby seeks to receive compensation from these companies for its services. In addition, EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of these companies. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this note. EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of the companies covered in this report or on Oil & Gas 360®. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s reports or Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this report.