Jay Ottoson, President and Chief Executive Officer of SM Energy (NYSE: SM), presented today at EnerCom’s The Oil & Gas Conference 20®.
SM Energy Company is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in onshore North America.
In the second quarter of 2015, SM produced 16.5 million barrels of equivalent, up 23% from the prior year period and realized $337 million in adjusted EBITDAX, driven by well performance and lower costs. The company is currently conducting pad tests in both the Bakken and Eagle Ford and are “encouraged” by their early results.
During the company’s breakout session, management was asked the following questions:
- What’s your strategy for growing your inventory?
- What do you think of moving further into East Texas? Are you going to seek any chances here?
- How do you target your operations in Eagle Ford with the Pilot Test Progress?
- Can you talk more about the Bakken and the east Eagle Ford area? How are you guys dealing with water management issues?
- Just curious about Eagle Ford, can you further illustrate the new technologies applied here?
- How many of your Eagle Ford wells have you already tested?
- Do pressure regimes give you a signal on your development plans?
- Can you illustrate the framework of cash flow, CAPEX and EBITDA for the year 2016?
- Do you have any cost-saving achievements?
- What are the cost of chemicals for your longer laterals?
Click here for the webcast.
Important disclosures: The information provided herein is believed to be reliable; however, EnerCom, Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to its completeness or accuracy. EnerCom’s conclusions are based upon information gathered from sources deemed to be reliable. This note is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or financial instrument of any company mentioned in this note. This note was prepared for general circulation and does not provide investment recommendations specific to individual investors. All readers of the note must make their own investment decisions based upon their specific investment objectives and financial situation utilizing their own financial advisors as they deem necessary. Investors should consider a company’s entire financial and operational structure in making any investment decisions. Past performance of any company discussed in this note should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future results. EnerCom is a multi-disciplined management consulting services firm that regularly intends to seek business, or currently may be undertaking business, with companies covered on Oil & Gas 360®, and thereby seeks to receive compensation from these companies for its services. In addition, EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of these companies. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this note. EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of the companies covered in this report or on Oil & Gas 360®. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s reports or Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this report.