Supermicro(R) Highlights its 1U 4x GPU SuperServer, 2U TwinPro, 3U MicroBlade and 7U SuperBlade(R) Solutions for Exploration Geophysics at SEG 2015
High Density Compute Platforms Deliver Extreme Performance, Efficiency and Scalability for Geoscientific Research, Exploration and Analytics
NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing highlights its 1U 4x GPU SuperServer, 2U TwinPro™, SuperBlade® and MicroBlade solution this week at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists International Exhibition in New Orleans, Louisiana. Supermicro's latest 1U 4x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-1028GQ-TR/-TRT) maximizes performance and extreme GPU density with pioneering non-preheat GPU architecture and PCI-E direct connect (no extension cables, re-drivers, or bridge chips). The 2U dual node TwinPro architecture features dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors is the optimal solution for CPU compute-based performance, density and scalability. The 7U 30 GPU SuperBlade®, available with three GPU optimized blade configurations, allows for up to 180 NVIDIA® Tesla® GPUs or 120 Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors + 120 Intel® Xeon processors per 42U Rack. Supermicro's 3U/6U MicroBlade offers extreme dense configurations of up to 28x MicroBlade modules each supporting dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3, or single Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3/v4, or 4th gen Core i3, or four Intel® Atom™ C2750/C2550 processor nodes per hot-swap blade server.
"Supermicro's 1U 4x GPU with cooling optimized non-preheat GPU architecture delivers exactly the best performance and extreme density for high-performance geo-scientific researchers and analysis," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "With Supermicro's GPU enabled solutions, 2U TwinPro, 7U SuperBlade and high-density 3U MicroBlade solutions offering unrivaled range of configurability, performance, density and scalability, Geophysicists are enabled with the most powerful, flexible compute platforms for geosciences to explore and protect our Mother Earth."
- 1U 4x GPU SuperServer® (SYS-1028GQ-TR/-TRT) – Dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz; in 16x DIMMs, 4x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots (4x NVIDIA Tesla®, NVIDIA® GRID™, Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor cards optional), 2x PCI-E 3.0 x8 (in x16) LP slot, dual port GbE LAN (-TR SKU), dual 10GBase-T (-TRT SKU), 2x 2.5" hot-swap drive bays, 2x 2.5" internal drive bays, efficient airflow heavy duty counter-rotating fans with air shroud & optimal fan speed control, 2000W Redundant Platinum Level (94%+) Power Supplies.
- 2U TwinPro™ (Dual Hot-Swap Nodes) (SYS-2028TP-DC1TR) – maximizes performance and power savings by integrating the fastest storage and network technologies available into resource optimized, energy efficient 2U Twin architecture. Supports dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors, up to 1TB ECC LRDIMM, 512GB ECC RDIMM, up to 2133MHz; 16x DIMM sockets, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 slot, and 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 (supports NVIDIA® Tesla® GPU/Intel® Xeon Phi™ Coprocessors w/GPU kit), Intel® X540 Dual port 10GBase-T LAN, Integrated IPMI 2.0 with KVM and Dedicated LAN, 12x 2.5" Hot-swap SAS (8) / SATA (4) HDD Bays LSI 3108 SAS3 controller (8 ports); RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, mSATA (full size) support, 1280W Redundant Platinum Level (94%) Digital Power Supplies
- 3U/6U MicroBlade – a powerful, flexible, all-in-one total system features industry-leading energy efficiency and density – 0.05U (Atom C2000), 0.1U (Xeon-D), 0.2U (Xeon E5-2600 v3, Xeon E3-1200 v4/v3). The MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate 1 Chassis Management Module, and up to 2x 25/10/2.5/1GbE SDN switches in 3U or up to 2 Chassis Management Modules, and up to 4 SDN Switches in 6U for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It can incorporate up to 4 or 8 redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%/95%) power supplies with cooling fans. This innovative new generation architecture includes servers, networking, storage, and unified remote management for cloud computing, dedicated hosting, web front end, content delivery, social networking, enterprises, and high performance computing applications.
- MBI-6128R-T2/-T2X – performance oriented solution with highest density up to 196 Intel® Xeon® DP nodes (5488) cores) per 42U rack with 95% cable reduction – supports dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 120W, 14 cores) with 1GbE and 10GbE options. It is perfect for enterprise as well as cloud computing applications.
- MBI-6218G-T41X, MBI-6118G-T41X – high density, low power solution featuring 56/28 Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1500 (Broadwell-DE) based servers in 6U (up to 392 computing nodes per 42U rack) or 28/14 servers in 3U with 10GbE. It is a cost effective solution for scale-out cloud workloads.
- MBI-6118D-T2H/-T4H – supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v4 and 4th Gen. Core™ i3 (up to 84W TDP), this UP MicroBlade stands second to none in its class. Features include Power Efficiency with 14nm technology, improved performance, coherency and balance of CPU and GPU Graphics via package interconnect shared L3 Cache and 128MB Graphic embedded cache. A simpler CPU subset and Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics P6300 in an interconnect package enable key technologies for the best server performance per watt per flop with great graphics emphasis.
- MBI-6118D-T2/-T4 – high-density, single-socket server solution supporting Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 and 4th Gen. Core™ i3 (up to 84W TDP). Up to 196 Denlow UP nodes per 42U rack and 95% cable reduction. Optimized for Cloud based Web hosting, VDI, gaming and virtualized workstations.
- MBI-6418A-T7H/-T5H – ultra low power & cost-effective solution using 8-Core Intel® Atom™ Processor C2000, with up to 112 nodes in 6U (up to 784 computing nodes per 42U rack) enclosure and 99% cable reduction. It is a perfect solution for such cloud applications as dedicated hosting, Web serving, memory caching, content delivery, etc.
- 7U SuperBlade – advantages include maximum density, affordability, reduced management costs, lower power consumption, optimal ROI, and high scalability. Modules support latest Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 and are available in 20/30 GPU/Xeon Phi Blade; 2x NVIDIA® Tesla®, NVIDIA® GRID™ or Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor cards per blade server (SBI-7128RG-X/-F/-F2), 3x NVIDIA Tesla® GPU per blade server (SBI-7127RG3), Data Center Blade (SBI-7428R-C3N, SBI-7428R-T3N), TwinBlade® (SBI-7228R-T2F/-T2F2/-T2X), Storage Blade with NVMe support (SBI-7128R-C6N), PCI-E Blade (SBI-7127R-SH, SBI-7427R-SH/-S2L, SBI-7126T-SH, SBI-7426T-SH) and 4-Way Blade (Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v2 SBI-7147R-S4X/-S4F) solutions. Chassis feature industry's only hot-swap NVMe solutions, hot-plug switch modules supporting Infiniband FDR/QDR, FC/FCoE, Layer 2/3 1/10 GbE, redundant chassis management module (CMM), Titanium Level 3200W and Platinum Level 3000W/2500W (N+N or N+1 redundant) hot-plug power supplies.
Visit Supermicro at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) International Exhibition and 85th Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana, October 18th through the 23rd at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Booth 2053. For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
Follow Supermicro on Facebook and Twitter to receive their latest news and announcements.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Source: PR Newswire
(October 18, 2015 - 8:09 PM EDT)
News by QuoteMedia