Paul Colborne, President and Chief Executive Officer of Surge Energy Inc. (TSX: SGY), presented today at EnerCom’s The Oil & Gas Conference 20®.
Surge Energy Inc. is an oil-weighted production and development company with high quality, large oil in place, crude oil reservoirs. Management is focused on delivering to its shareholders solid per share organic growth, sustainable monthly dividends, and further growth through accretive acquisitions of additional elite oil reservoirs.
In its Q2’15 results, Surge decreased operating expenses per BOE by 15% on a quarter-over-quarter basis and achieved a debt to funds flow ratio of 0.9x. A $430 million sale closed in June and the company has $295 million of unused capacity on its bank lines.
During the company’s breakout session, management was asked the following questions:
- How will you maintain the dividend at the current rate? What makes you think this is the optimal strategy?
- Are there any negative aspects to your share buyback program?
- Are there any political risks that shareholders should understand?
- Can you talk about your core area spacing and permeability?
- What is your capital allocation? What are the chances of Surge making a strategic acquisition?
- What are your well drilling and completion costs?
- What is your perspective on insider ownership?
- How much of your rate of return is included in the share buyback?
- Can you explain why you didn’t just cut the dividend and further increase the share buyback program?
- What is your standard F&D costs and what kind of DD&A goes into these great wells?
- What does your tax situation look like?
Click here for the webcast.
Important disclosures: The information provided herein is believed to be reliable; however, EnerCom, Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to its completeness or accuracy. EnerCom’s conclusions are based upon information gathered from sources deemed to be reliable. This note is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or financial instrument of any company mentioned in this note. This note was prepared for general circulation and does not provide investment recommendations specific to individual investors. All readers of the note must make their own investment decisions based upon their specific investment objectives and financial situation utilizing their own financial advisors as they deem necessary. Investors should consider a company’s entire financial and operational structure in making any investment decisions. Past performance of any company discussed in this note should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future results. EnerCom is a multi-disciplined management consulting services firm that regularly intends to seek business, or currently may be undertaking business, with companies covered on Oil & Gas 360®, and thereby seeks to receive compensation from these companies for its services. In addition, EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of these companies. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this note. EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of the companies covered in this report or on Oil & Gas 360®. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s reports or Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this report.