Tallgrass Energy GP, LP Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
Tallgrass Energy GP, LP (“TEGP”) today announced the launch of its initial public offering of 35,311,000 Class A shares representing limited partner interests pursuant to a registration statement on Form S-1 filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). TEGP will list its Class A shares on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “TEGP.” TEGP anticipates granting the underwriters an option to purchase up to an additional 5,296,650 Class A shares at the initial public offering price.
Citigroup, Goldman, Sachs & Co., BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank Securities, Morgan Stanley, RBC Capital Markets and Wells Fargo Securities are acting as joint book-running managers and Baird, Scotia Howard Weil, Stifel, Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. and U.S. Capital Advisors, are acting as co-managers for the initial public offering. The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus. When available, a preliminary prospectus relating to the offering may be obtained from:
- Citigroup, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, NY 11717, telephone: 1-800-831-9146 or email at email@example.com;
- Goldman, Sachs & Co., Attn: Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, NY 10282, telephone: 1-866-471-2526, email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Attn: Prospectus Department, 222 Broadway, New York, NY 10038, email: email@example.com;
- Barclays, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, NY 11717, telephone: 1-888-603-5847, email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Credit Suisse, c/o Prospectus Department, One Madison Avenue, Level 1B, New York, NY 10010, telephone: 1-800-221-1037, email: email@example.com;
- Deutsche Bank Securities, Attn: Prospectus Group, 60 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005, telephone: 1-800-503-4611, email: prospectus.CPDG@db.com;
- Morgan Stanley, Attn: Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014;
- RBC Capital Markets, Attn: Equity Syndicate, Three World Financial Center, 200 Vesey St., 8th Floor, New York, NY 10281, telephone: 1-877-822-4089, email:firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Wells Fargo Securities, Attn: Equity Syndicate Department, 375 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10152, telephone: 1-800-326-5897, email: email@example.com
You may also get a copy of the preliminary prospectus for free by visiting the SEC’s website athttp://www.sec.gov.
A registration statement relating to the Class A shares has been filed with the SEC but has not yet become effective. The Class A shares may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of the Class A shares in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.
As of the closing of the offering, TEGP will own membership interests in Tallgrass Equity, LLC, which will own a 100% membership interest in Tallgrass MLP GP, LLC (“TEP GP”) and 20 million common units of Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP (“TEP”). TEP GP currently owns all of the incentive distribution rights and a 1.37% general partner interest in TEP. TEP is a publicly traded, growth-oriented limited partnership formed to own, operate, acquire and develop midstream energy assets in North America.
This press release contains certain “forward-looking statements” that reflect the views and assumptions of TEGP’s management regarding future events. Statements that do not relate strictly to historical or current facts are forward-looking. These forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks, among others that our business plans may change as circumstances warrant and securities of TEGP may not ultimately be offered to the public because of general market conditions or other factors. Accordingly, investors should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results.