Ralph Hill, Chief Executive Officer and Rod Sailor, Chief Financial Officer of WPX Energy (WPX) presented today at EnerCom’s The Oil & Gas Conference® 17. WPX Energy is an independent natural gas and oil exploration company with primary production coming from the the Piceance, Powder River and San Juan Basins. WPX also has a growing upstart presence in Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale and North Dakota’s Bakken Shale.
During the company’s breakout session, management was asked the following questions:
- Could you comment on the gas prices you need to see in the Piceance Basin for the play to be economical?
- What is your expectation for ethane production in the Piceance Basin, as well as vendor availability in the same area?
- Can you talk about your horizontal well costs?
- Are you including the San Juan oil window in your horizontal well costs?
- What specifically have you been doing to drive operating costs down in the Marcellus Shale?
- If we see a return to the low $4 range in gas prices, what’s reasonable to expect in compound growth?
- Given gas prices we’re experiencing this year, what can we expect in terms of reserve impact?
- If you had known where gas prices would be in the second quarter, would you have run with more or less capital expenditure In the Piceance Basin? Even at second quarter prices, you don’t feel that you’re destroying capital?
Click here for WPX Energy’s webcast.
Important disclosures: The information provided herein is believed to be reliable; however, EnerCom, Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to its completeness or accuracy. EnerCom’s conclusions are based upon information gathered from sources deemed to be reliable. This note is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or financial instrument of any company mentioned in this note. This note was prepared for general circulation and does not provide investment recommendations specific to individual investors. All readers of the note must make their own investment decisions based upon their specific investment objectives and financial situation utilizing their own financial advisors as they deem necessary. Investors should consider a company’s entire financial and operational structure in making any investment decisions. Past performance of any company discussed in this note should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future results. EnerCom is a multi-disciplined management consulting services firm that regularly intends to seek business, or currently may be undertaking business, with companies covered on Oil & Gas 360®, and thereby seeks to receive compensation from these companies for its services. In addition, EnerCom, or its principals or employees, may have an economic interest in any of these companies. As a result, readers of EnerCom’s Oil & Gas 360® should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this note. The company or companies covered in this note did not review the note prior to publication.