Exxon and Qatar Petroleum plan 15 MTPA facility
By Richard Rostad, analyst, Oil & Gas 360

The list of upcoming U.S. LNG export projects just expanded, as ExxonMobil and Qatar Petroleum announced FID on a new terminal.

The companies have approved the Golden Pass LNG export project, located in Sabine Pass. The facility will have 15.6 MTPA of capacity, putting it in the middle of the pack for current LNG projects. Exxon will own 30% of the project, while Qatar Petroleum holds the remaining 70%.

The companies will not dawdle now that FID has been reached, as construction on Golden Pass will begin this quarter. Exxon estimates the facility will begin service in 2024 and will cost over $10 billion.

Golden Pass involves converting...


Legal Notice