Process works in seconds
Researchers at The University of Texas at Austin believe they have found a fast method for separating mixed oil and water using nanoparticles.

Most commonly-used methods for separating produced oil and water successfully recover about 95% of the oil from the water. However, the remaining 5% represents both lost revenue and additional struggles for the operator. Residual oil makes water disposal more complicated, and therefore more expensive.

UT researchers have turned to nanoparticles to solve this problem.

“N...


Legal Notice