Website owners used to call them “hits”
Today, we’ve become sophisticated. We call them “pageviews.”
EnerCom launched Oil & Gas 360® – www.OilandGas360.com – in 2010. In the beginning, the numbers were bleak:
- Thursday, Jan. 14, 2010, pageviews = 0. The site was live, barely.
- Then, at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 15, 2010, there was a spike of visitors. Pageviews jumped by 900%. From zero to nine pageviews in one day. Cause for celebration.
But web hits, like fame, can be short lived. By 7:00 p.m. that night Oil & Gas 360® was back to zero pageviews.
In January we’ll celebrate the website’s sixth birthday, and after a crawl off the starting line, we’re now in an all-out sprint. Here are a few milestones:
- For our first month, Jan. 2010, we had a grand total of 1,150 pageviews
- At the end of our first six months, we had 12,400 pageviews
- By the end of our first year, we had experienced 28,800 pageviews
- By the end of 2011, we had accumulated 77,600 pageviews
- By the end of 2012, the site had 180,400 pageviews
- By the end of 2013, we were up to a cumulative total of 323,800 pageviews
- At the end of 2014 total pageviews were 640,700
- On June 21, 2015, Oil & Gas 360® achieved 1,000,000 pageviews
- On Nov. 25, 2015, Oil & Gas 360® achieved its 1,500,000th pageview
- Today, Dec. 11, 2015, the site’s cumulative pageviews are at 1,549,000
As we approach the yearend and the 2015 holiday season, Oil & Gas 360® and the team at EnerCom would like to thank our loyal readers and viewers. We’d especially like to thank those who subscribed to “Closing Bell Report” and share our articles, interviews, charts and data on social media sites. Thank you for helping accelerate the growth curve.
Today’s Oil & Gas 360® is global in readership, with a sophisticated decision maker audience anchored by the c-suites, boards and management teams of the global energy industry as well as the engineers, geologists and field professionals who drive the oil and gas industry forward every day.
Oil & Gas 360®’s mission statement boils down to this: “Robust content for a global, oil savvy audience.”
Our reporters, analysts and web team work diligently to achieve that mission goal by capturing the industry’s daily financial news, by researching and writing pertinent stories about topics that affect our readers, by delivering data-driven analysis of transactions, creating profiles of E&P, oilservice and midstream companies, and interviewing important leaders in the energy industry and government leaders who create energy policy. Thank you for reading Oil & Gas 360®.
Here’s to your loyal readership as we race toward the next million and a half pageviews.